Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Methow Recycles Tool Library
Borrower’s Agreement & Tool Use Policy
1. Members must be age 18 or over to borrow tools from The Methow Recycles Tool Library (“Library”).
2. Prior to borrowing tools, all Members must
(a) Complete an online Membership Application;
(b) Read and electronically initial the Waiver and Indemnification Form;
(c) Electronically initial this Borrower’s Agreement and Tool Policy form; and
(d) Have their residence confirmed by a Tool Library volunteer or staff member. Completing a Membership Application includes the completion of the Membership Application form and verification of the Member’s identity. Verification of the Member’s identity is accomplished by presenting a valid government-issued photo ID.
3. Library staff is available in a limited way to assist in explaining operation of tools. However, by taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
4. Only the Member is authorized to use Library tools. The Member shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person unless by the express permission of the Library.
5. Members will be charged a small fee for borrowing any tool. This fee helps to ensure the sustainability of the Tool Library.
6. All tools borrowed are to be returned to the Library by close of business on their due date. Tools may only be returned during the Methow Recycles’ open hours on Tuesday and Thursday from 10am-4pm, and Saturday 9am-4pm. (Check our website for any holiday closures.)
7. If a tool is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee. This late fee will be $5 per day for every day the Library is open until the tool is returned. Late fees are capped at the full replacement cost of the tool plus a $5 administrative fee per tool. The Library may replace severely delinquent tools, holding the Member responsible for the full replacement cost plus a $5 administrative fee. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing additional items.
8. The Library reserves the right to use appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent tools or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent Member with the cost of any such action. The Library also reserves the right to forgive fees due to special circumstances.
9. Tools may be reserved prior to the actual date of checkout. All reservations must be confirmed by an automated response to be effective. All reservations will be nullified by 4pm on the reserved date if not checked out. The Tool Library reserves the right to make an exception to this policy for large, community events. No exceptions will be made for individual lending.
10. Members may renew each tool once if (a) the Member contacts the Library by noon on the day that the tool is due, and (b) no other Member has reserved the tool. The Library reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals and will do so based on demand.
11. The Member agrees that the Library is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed tools.
12. The Member agrees that if any borrowed tool becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the tool and notify the Library of the issue on return, if not earlier.
13. All tools are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. All tools must be returned clean. If a tool requires cleaning by Methow Recycles personnel before it can be used by another member, a $5 cleaning fee will be charged to the borrower's account.
14. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept the Library’s assessment of condition of items and to further agree to the Library’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item plus a $5 administrative fee.
14. The Library reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
I affirm that the information that I have provided on the Membership Application is current, true, and correct.
I further state that I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of the Methow Recycles Tool Library, and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I have read and initialed a Waiver and Indemnification form, relinquishing any and all claims against Methow Recycles.
I have read and agree to abide by this Member Agreement and Tool Use Policy. I especially read the part that said all tool rentals are for one week. That was my favorite part.
Thank you for joining the Methow Recycles Tool Library. Upon approval, your membership will be activated.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?